Maintaining your ACA Instructor certification requires a few steps:
- Maintain your ACA membership and SEIC dues
- Maintain appropriate CPR and first aid certification
- Teach and properly report a minimum of 2 courses/assessments by the end of 4-year certification period with at least one of those courses at your highest level of certification.
- Successfully complete an instructor update during the certification period (can be any time during the 4-year period) by one of these 4 methods:
- Complete Update course at highest certification level
- Assist with an IDW or ICE at the highest level of certification and complete a review of ACA Policies & Procedures with the IT
- Complete an approved Endorsement (check with the SEI Department beforehand)
- Co-teach a skills course at your highest level of certification under the supervision of an IT in that discipline and complete a review of ACA Policies & Procedures with the IT.
ACA SEIC Policy Manual (pg. 5)
ACA Video: EZ-Skills Course Report (for non-ACA Insured courses)